Screen: ShopSite > Commerce Setup > Sales Tax
ShopSite provides several tools to help you calculate and collect sales taxes you are responsible for.
|Choose a tax system
||Select which tax calculation method you want ShopSite to use. You can select one of the following methods:
- Use ZIP Code to determine sales tax - ShopSite will match the customer's ZIP Code to a tax rate table and calculate the approprite tax. Click Configure to set up your tax rate table.
- Use AvaTax - Using your AvaTax account credentials, ShopSite will communicate with AvaTax servers to retrieve the required tax information. Click Configure to provide account credentials and to set up your tax rate table.
- Use value added tax (VAT/GST) - ShopSite will calculate VAT/GST based off your location and the postal code of your customer. Click Configure to set up your VAT calculation tables.
- Use shopper selected tax - Your customers will be presented with a pull-down menu that they can use to select the tax rate that applies to them. Click Configure to set up the pull-down menu and tax rates the customer can choose from.
- Use API Tax Add-on - ShopSite can be configured to use custom or third-party software API's to generate or retrieve tax information. Click Configure to test a custom API and to set up your tax rate table.
- Use no sales tax - ShopSite will not calculate sales tax.
|Compute taxes on taxable products and
||ShopSite will calculate the tax for taxable products. Select additional method(s) ShopSite should use to calculate sales tax from:
- Shipping - check this box to have ShopSite calcuate tax on shipping costs. Use the radio buttons to select whether shipping tax will be displayed as part of the shipping cost, or as part of the sales tax.
- Surcharges - check this box to have ShopSite calcuate tax on surcharges.
When you are finished configuring your sales tax settings, click Save Changes to save your settings, or click Cancel to abandon your changes.
The tax system is set and saved when a radio button is selected, not when the Save Changes button is clicked. This means that once a tax system is set, clicking the Cancel button will not revert the change.