ShopSite produces eCommerce software. Its products include ShopSite Pro, ShopSite Manager, ShopSite Starter and ShopSite Express which merchants use to create their ShopSite stores. ShopSite, Inc., the company, does not collect shopper data from ShopSite stores hosted at our partners.
Data for PaymentDepending on the payment method the store uses, ShopSite may collect all of the following shopper information for credit card processing:
The information is collected so that payment can be processed and shipping can occur for physical goods. The payment data will be shared with a payment processor as well as the order total and possibly order details such as the products ordered. Payment processors include but are not limited to:
- Address (billing and/or shipping)
- Credit/Debit card details
- Amazon Pay
- Apple Pay
- First Data
- And others
Data for ShippingIn order to ship a physical good a shipping address is needed as well as product weight, box sizes, and order totals. This information will be shared with a shipper. Shippers include but are not limited to:
- And possibly others via ShopSite Pro’s shipping API
Data for TaxIf a store is using a tax service then shipping address and order details will be shared so that accurate tax rates can be calculated. Tax services include but are not limited to:
- And possibly others via ShopSite Pro’s tax API
Data for AnalyticsPages browsed, including checkout, may be tracked by Google Analytics and will be logged by the Web Server. The information tracked and logged will include the shopper’s IP.
Data collected when browsing the storeIf the store has Facebook, Pinterest, and other social media links/badges on its site, shopper data via cookies may be shared with those services. The store may collect e-mail addresses if the shopper decides to submit them and the e-mail address may be share with e-mail vendors such as Constant Contact.
Data Collected when RegisteringIf ShopSite Pro’s Customer Registration is enabled and the shopper chooses to register then their Billing, Shipping, Payment, and previous Order Details may be stored to enable easy checkout the next time they order.
CookiesCookies are small files stored by the shopper’s browser on their device. They are used to remember preferences and improve the browsing and checkout experience. ShopSite uses the following cookies:
- Shopping Basket Cookie - sets a basket ID to correlate to your temporary shopping cart file.
- Shopper Cookie - saves email, billing address and shipping address so that the next time you checkout your address information is already populated. This cookie is created when you submit an order. Merchant’s can configure ShopSite to automatically remove this cookie when a shopper completes an order.
- Customer Registration Cookie - contains your name and whether or not you are logged in.
- Mini Cart Cookie - contains a list of products you have added to your cart. Used for displaying your shopping basket while you browse store pages.
- Mobile Cookie - contains preference for Mobile view or Desktop view. This is a legacy feature and is typically not enabled on newer responsive designed websites.
Data RetentionOrders- When an order is completed the order information (including email, name, address, products, shipping method, etc.) is stored in a ShopSite database. That information remains there until the merchant deletes the order.
Customer Registration - Shoppers can delete orders, addresses, and payment methods. The actual login account remains active until the merchant deletes it.
- Shopping Basket and Mini Cart Cookies - in ShopSite Express and Starter the cookie duration is 7 days. In ShopSite Manager and Pro the duration is merchant configurable and can range from 1 to 99 days. To configure see the Keep unfinished shopping carts section in Commerce Setup > Order System > Shopping Cart
- Shopper Cookie - is kept for 1 year. The Merchant can configure ShopSite to remove the cookie upon completion of an order. See Remove Shopper Cookie in Commerce Setup > Order System > Thank You
- Customer Registration Cookie - it will expire when the shopper completes their order. If an order is not completed, the cookie will expire when the login time expires. The login time can be set to never expire, in which case the cookie will be set to expire in 1 year. In ShopSite Pro see Inactive minutes before being signed out in Commerce Setup > Customer Registration > Configure Customer Registration
- Mobile Cookie - 120 days.
Data RemovalOrders- Orders and the accompanying data can be deleted by the merchant. To remove see Delete Orders in the Orders section
Customer Registration - to remove an account and the associated data see Delete in the Commerce Setup > Customer Registration section.
Cookies - can be cleared by the Shopper. The method used depends on the browser and device. See wikiHow for more information.
Fulfilling Data RequestsThe following methods can be used to provide data to customers.
Orders- to download orders in ShopSite Manager and Pro see Download Selected Orders in the Orders section
Customer Registration - To download ShopSite Pro Customer registration data see Download Customers in the Commerce Setup > Customer Registration section.