New Features in ShopSite 14
|New Features in ShopSite 14.0 sp1
- ADA Improvements
- New Themes
- HTML Editor added to Basic Editing fields
- SMTP with authentication
- Google reCAPTCHA v3
- Customer Registration Tax Exempt Search, Download and Upload
- Google Pay
- Apple Pay with Braintree
- Improved Apple Pay with Authorize.Net checkout flow
- 3D Secure added to Braintree
- Braintree transaction details
- Review stars updated
- Constant Contact added to Starter
- Parameters added to Shipping API
- jQuery updated
- Show savings for on sale items
- CAPTCHA added to Customer Registration
- New Google Analytics tracking method
|New Features in ShopSite 14
- Programmatic Product Removal from Pages
- Coupon Enhancements
- Custom Shopping Cart Fields
- New Company Fields
- New Themes
- Subscription Improvements
- PayPal Marketing Solutions
- Apple Pay
- Authorize.Net Accept Gateway
- Authorize.Net Level II and III
- TSYS Genius Checkout
- PCI Validated
- User Account Password Reset
- Merchant Key Reminder
- Second Custom Shipping Option
- Track Shipping from Packing Slip
View the features included in version 12.
New Features in ShopSite 14.0 sp1
- ADA Improvements (Pro, Manager, Starter)
Additional accessibiltiy improvements has been implemented. Added HTML attributes to describe fields used by screen readers. Also improved Review Stars (see below)
- New Themes (Pro, Manager, Starter)
There are 13 new themes for this release: Editorial, Roomy, Tilt, Tilt Left, Uniform, Edge, Tranquil, Dark Uniform, Rim, Dark Rim, Flank, Ringer, and All Side.
- HTML Editor added to Basic Editing fields (Pro, Manager, Starter)
The HTML Editor has been added to the Basic Editing Page text field and Product Description field.
- SMTP with authentication (Pro, Manager, Starter)
In addition to using Sendmail, merchants can now specify that a specific mailserver be used via SMTP. SSL/TLS and STARTTLS are supported for secure connections.
- Google reCAPTCHA v3 (Pro, Manager, Starter)
In addition to reCAPTCHA v2, ShopSite now supports v3. reCAPTCHA is used to indicate a human and not a bot is trying to complete an order, perform a review or register as a shopper.
- Customer Registration Tax Exempt Search, Download and Upload (Pro)
The Tax Exempt field can now be search by date (greater than, less than) as well as downloaded and uploaded.
- Google Pay (Pro, Manager, Starter)
Google Pay is now supported as a payment method for merchants using the Braintree v.zero payment gateway.
- Apple Pay with Braintree (Pro, Manager, Starter)
Support for Apple Pay has been added to Braintree v.zero. Previously it was only available for merchants using Authorize.Net.
- Improved Apple Pay with Authorize.Net checkout flow. (Pro, Manager, Starter)
The Apple Pay button on the shopping cart screen now prompts you to complete your Apple Pay payment sheet. Previously you were taken to the checkout screen and had to again select the Apple Pay button.
- 3D Secure added to Braintree (Pro, Manager, Starter)
3D secure authentication is a fraud prevention measure that was originally launched by Visa (as Verified-by-Visa.) It acts as an added layer of security when taking card payments. For European merchants 3D Secure is required to meet PDS2 Compliance.
- Braintree transaction details (Pro, Manager, Starter)
When viewing an order in ShopSite we now show the masked credit card information. Previously only the transaction ID was displayed.
- Mailchimp (Pro, Manager, Starter)
Mailchimp email marketing services has been added to ShopSite.
- Review stars updated (Pro, Manager, Starter)
HTML for review stars has been modified for ADA compliance. If you have custom CSS to style the stars you can select the Legacy option under Reviews Config.
- Constant Contact added to Starter (Pro, Manager, Starter)
Constant Contact email marketing service has been added to Starter. Previously it was only available in Manager and Pro versions.
- Parameters added to Shipping API (Pro, Manager, Starter)
The coupon discount is now passed to the API.
- jQuery updated (Pro, Manager, Starter)
- Show savings for on sale items (Pro)
On sale items are now included in the "Your Total Savings" line on the cart. Previously only coupons, discounts and free rewards were included.
- CAPTCHA added to Customer Registration (Pro, Manager, Starter)
New Customer Regisration sign-ups can optionally have to prove they are not a bot. Customer templates will need to add the tag cr_captcha.
- New Google Analytics tracking method (Pro, Manager, Starter)
Added support for some of the latest 'Global Site Tag (gtag.js)' mechanisms with actions/steps. In the Google Analytics Dashboard they are found in the Shopping and Checkout Behavior sections under ecommerce.
- TaxJar Certification (Pro, Manager, Starter)
TaxJar now has a certification program and ShopSite has added some parameters and functionality to pass the certification.
New Features in ShopSite 14
- Programmatic Product Management Enhancements (Pro)
Using XML Upload, individual products can be removed from all pages. With Advanced Ordering Options, options can be deleted and menu names can be changed using XML Upload.
- Coupon Enhancements (Pro)
Merchants can now exclude particular products from coupon discounts; a coupon blacklist, as opposed to the whitelist typically used. Also, merchants can now search for particular coupons based on a product name the coupon applies toward.
- Custom Shopping Cart Fields (Pro)
Custom fields can now be displayed on the shopping cart screens, allowing merchants to collect additional information from shoppers. Note: ShopSite themes don't support this feature, but custom themes can be configured to use them.
- New Company Fields (Pro)
A merchant now has a number of new company fields can be populated to provide contact information to their customers, including phone number and physical address fields.
- New Themes (Pro, Manager, Starter)
There are 10 new themes this release: Airy, District, Gaunt, Lighthearted, Marker, Pennant, Rise, Slab, Stalwart, and Stygian.
- Subscription Improvements (Pro, Manager, Starter)
Stores using Authorize.net that have recurring billing Subscriptions in their Authorize.net account can manage their their Subscriptions from within ShopSite.
- PayPal Marketing Solutions (Pro, Manager, Starter)
Display PayPal promotional messages around features like PayPal Credit and One Touch acceptance on your home and product pages -- well before the checkout page -- consumers know at the point of entering a site that they can get financing for their purchases.
- Manage Multiple Orders (Pro, Manager)
In the same way you can view multiple orders, now you can manage multiple orders from the same screen.
- Apple Pay (Pro, Manager, Starter)
ShopSite can now be configured to accept Apple Pay. Note: This requres an appropriate Authorize.net merchant account.
- Authorize.Net Accept Gateway (Pro, Manager, Starter)
ShopSite now supports the newest Authorize.Net API. This reduces PCI compliance and improves support for Subscriptions .
- Authorize.Net Level II and III (Pro, Manager, Starter)
By sending more information to Authoize.Net merchants can qualify for lower cost fees if their account is set up for level II or III processing. Note: support for this was added in 14.0 r3. Level III requires a TSYS merchant account.
- TSYS Genius Checkout (Pro, Manager, Starter)
ShopSite now supports TSYS Genius Checkout payment gateway. Note: support was added in 14.0 r3 .
- PCI Validated (Pro, Manager, Starter)
ShopSite version 14 has been audited and passed validation for the Payment Application Data Security Standard (PA-DSS) by the PCI Security Standards Council.
- User Account Password Reset (Pro, Manager, Starter)
When an Admin user resets the password for another user, that user is prompted to change their password once they log in.
- Merchant Key Reminder (Pro, Manager, Starter)
A reminder to enable the Merchant Key feature as part of PCI compliance if you are manually processing credit cards.
- Second Custom Shipping Option (Pro, Manager)
Merchants can now use more than one custom shipping module.
- Track Shipping from Packing Slip (Pro, Manager)
Merchants can now configure an option to be able to (re)send shipping tracking information from the packing slip for an order in the back office.
- Taxes calculated by TaxJar (Pro, Manager, Starter)
Merchants now have another option, TaxJar, for 3rd-party real-time tax calculations.